Volunteer for Open House Chicago
Volunteers will provide essential support during the Open House Chicago (OHC) weekend by ensuring that visitors are properly greeted and informed. Each year during Open House Chicago, over 1000 people volunteer their time in support of this cultural event.
Stationed at all 150 OHC locations throughout the city, Volunteer Greeters have an important role in controlling admission to sites, answering questions and tracking visitor attendance. With the generous help of our Volunteer Greeters, Open House Chicago promises to be one of the largest and most exciting cultural events in Chicago this year.
If you are interested in volunteering for Open House Chicago in a larger capacity, please visit the OHC volunteer section of architecture.org
Volunteer Greeter Benefits:
- Priority access at all OHC sites for you and a companion
- 50% off a CAF membership
- Member discount at CAF shop for the week following OHC
- OHC T-shirt and lanyard souvenirs
- Two free CAF walking tour passes
- A great experience as part of a citywide cultural event!
Volunteer Greeters commit to one 4-hour shift on either Saturday or Sunday (or both!) of OHC weekend, October 19-20, 2013. On both days of the event, the first shift is 9:00am - 1:00pm and the second is 1:00pm - 5:00pm. Volunteer Greeters are expected to arrive at their assigned location 15 minutes before their shift starts. All OHC 2013 volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
Once their shift begins, Volunteer Greeters are responsible for:
- Greeting visitors as they arrive at the site
- Organizing and directing visitor lines
- Counting the total number of visitors attending the site
- Collecting visitor zip codes and visitor surveys
Before the OHC 2013 weekend, Volunteer Greeters are asked to attend a one-hour training session. Sign up to volunteer here or click the button below.[volunteer button]