Midwest Buddhist TemplePrint
435 W. Menomonee St. | Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
The Midwest Buddhist Temple began on July 10, 1944, with a service at the South Parkway Community Hall on Chicago's Southside. In 1950, a three-story building in Chicago's Old Town Triangle neighborhood was dedicated in response to increasing membership in what was a thriving Japanese neighborhood called Niseitown. In November 1971, the present temple, the Temple of Enlightenment, was dedicated. The temple is now an integral part of the community, presenting the popular Ginza Festival.
Behind the Scenes Access: Tour the inside of temple and 360-degree outdoor patio