Have you ever walked by a building and thought,
I wish I could see what's inside?
Now you can.
The Chicago Architecture Foundation (CAF) is proud to present Open House Chicago, a free, city-wide, behind-the-scenes look at many of the city’s great places and spaces.
150 buildings will be open on October 18-19, 2014 (typically from 9am-5pm, times for individual sites may vary). Explore repurposed mansions, hidden rooms, sacred spaces, private clubs, iconic theatres, offices, hotels and more—all for free.
CAF inspires people to discover why design matters. Open House Chicago (OHC) gives you access to buildings that tell the stories of Chicago communities and cultures. By venturing into diverse neighborhoods for self-guided exploration, OHC participants come together to discover community and place.
OHC is completely free-of-charge—no registration or tickets are needed. So gather your friends, plan your itinerary and mark your calendar for October 18-19, 2014!
Plan your Open House Chicago experience
- Browse all OHC sites on the site list.
- Pick up the OHC event guide in the the Chicago Tribune.
- For additional details, read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- For live updates, follow CAF on Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #OHC2014.
- Subscribe to OHC enews for the latest announcements and exclusive updates.
CAF members also receive priority access to OHC sites, so join today for an enhanced OHC experience and great year-round benefits.
Are you curious?
Open House Chicago: 150 cool places. 48 hours. Go.
The Chicago Architecture Foundation would like to thank our sponsors and our community partners:
- Bridgeport / Back of the Yards: Back of the Yards Neighborhood Council and Public Media Institute
- Bronzeville: Quad Communities Development Corporation and Bronzeville Area Residents and Commerce Council
- Downtown: Building Owners and Managers Association, Chicago Loop Alliance and the Magnificent Mile Association
- Edgewater: 48th Ward Alderman Harry Osterman’s Office, Edgewater Historical Society and Edgewater Chamber of Commerce
- Garfield Park / North Lawndale: Foundation for Homan Square
- Gold Coast
- Hyde Park: South East Chicago Commission
- Lincoln Park: Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce
- Near West Side / West Town
- Prairie Avenue District: Glessner House Museum
- Pullman: Historic Pullman Foundation and Pullman State Historic Site
- Rogers Park: Rogers Park/West Ridge Historical Society and the Rogers Park Business Alliance
- South Shore: South Shore Chamber, Inc.
- Ukrainian Village: Ukrainian Village Neighborhood Association
- Uptown: Uptown United